The simple definition and main features of minimalism has come to be the expression of the ‘less is more’… Or there is also another that we liked it a lot and it’s the one that says that it is ‘the life that fits in a suitcase’. Because if you get put everything in a single suitcase, nothing more, and certainly would have managed to achieve minimalism in your life. But eye! because not only will we talk in terms of the materialistic, what it should be if it is well-rounded as taught us by our guru Marie Kondo, but also of emotions, our feelings and our well-being.
A simple life will lead us to have a house, also, simple (don’t confuse the simple term with that simple because they are not the same!). And trust us: decor minimalist, uncluttered, and made with taste, will give you peace and tranquility and become our house at the oasis that we all long leaving a year quite chaotic.
We take this holiday season to speak also of the Christmas decoration in house and how to apply the minimalist philosophy to a time that we tend to recharge in many senses: feelings, gifts, table tops, and decor -sometimes – too strident.
To be able to achieve, we can name in 7 keys what is minimalism in decor and in life-style:
1. Have less to… include more. What what else? More time, more peace, more projection, more space, more constructive relationships with yourself or with others. Everything is positive.
2. More order. And we love to repeat it: more order, more happiness, more harmony in the house, and a life (a lot) more organized in every way. Because you know what you have in each drawer or cabinet will save you time and will give you many joys.
3. Visually more pleasant. A tidy house and without a thousand and one items is more pleasant to look at, less stressful and invites you to relax in it. In addition, more easy to clean too!
4. The emotional attachment. What do you want? what do I need? since when does not use or did not look at him? If the first response does not have it clear, the second is a doubt and the third, or the remember, keep this clear: get rid of it. The vast majority of things we have at home are emotional attachments innnecesarios. Rid yourself of them and you’ll see how you feel! And if you’re struggling with this step, Marie Kondo apply the method to figure out if that object as such gives us joy. Are you da?
5. Bathroom, bedroom, living room… everything to a minimum. Decorate with only what you think that gives you something positive and all that is unnecessary, get rid of it. In these spaces, in particular, one of the keys to minimalism is also that everything in sight, on shelves or on a shelf nice, but the view. And for that same reason, the less we have, and decoremos only with objects that are beautiful, subtle and a little gaudy, so much the better.
What christmas minimalist?
Yes. This 2020 has been so full of news, changes, and emotions that minimalism can do a lot for us. And with this, we don’t want to say no decores your home for Christmas, but you do so in a rational way, by applying the theory of less is more, and inviting calm.
Sleep in a room with few elements, lots of white and neutral colors, tidy and organized, it is a help to your quality of sleep, don’t hesitate!
Ideas for a Christmas minimalist
If you don’t have space at home or you just don’t want to fill one with a Christmas tree (real or artificial), there are many proposals minimalist to decorate Christmas. For example, a tree wood with some gifts as decorative as in the picture.
The moment of relaxation
The minimalist decor is characterized among other things by having a few items to the view. The visual noise, so it is as we call it, should not exist. In addition, the colors should be neutral, soft to the view and not to overload the space. It is the best way to enjoy, for example as in the picture, a moment of relaxation in the living room.
Cook in no hurry
The gastronomy experts say that this is the key to a good kitchen… Cooking without hurry, spend some time and mimo to each of the steps. Well, in the decorated in a minimalist style, something similar happens: it leaves ornaments and make the range gromática fit perfectly, this way you can focus on what really matters, and do it all with more finesse.
Details that matter
Minimalism contains only the ornaments are essential or those that provide us with some truth. Everything else left over. At Christmas time we love to decorate all kinds of detail typical of this time of year, but remember: do not overload will have a visual effect very optimal and make other items, small details, it does stand out and be valued.
Minimalist decoration is not to be confused with the one that removes all accessory deco but choose only a few parts, without abuse, which can help you to create that environment that we seek. For example, the geometric shapes and the color are important, so as not to clutter the shelves of all sorts of things (books, photos, memories…). Because if the view is clear, your mind will too.
A Christmas tree is different
Oh, and sustainable! There are many ideas to decorate a Christmas tree and choose a mise-en-scene more minimalist, less cluttered, with a tree of wood and a few items of decoration is ideal for lovers of minimalist decoration.
Make your corner
Having a house with a minimalist style means having few elements to the view, and the few that have, are well-aligned, organized, sorted,… In this case, the lamps that hang over the table, the floor in the background, the curtains… More than enough to make that corner, your favorite house!
Ideas minimalist for a Christmas DIY
Decorate with little yes it is possible and, in fact, it is a maximum of mimimalismo. That’s why, with wire and a beautiful floral decorations (you can catch yourself in the field or in the forest) you can make a christmas decoration DIY the most delicate.
The minimalism applied to interior design and decoration premium all which are natural elements: textures, materials, objects,… so we both like the wood, stone, wicker and rattan, as examples of elements noble. It is a way to highlight the beauty of what is natural and what do you think of the proposal to include a plant-XXL or a tree in the living room? It is a 10.
Clean the aura
The white and the neutral tones give a feeling of clarity, comfort and harmony. Apply also in the bathroom to make your shower even more relaxing and are able to clear and cleanse all of those doubts and concerns that we all have.
Christmas minimalist: because less is more